The new year is upon us and MnSearch is excited to be kicking off 2017 with our first event! This event is focused on helping you learn how to better optimize the customer journey. So please join us on Wednesday, January 25th for an evening of learning about tagging and tracking custom events for the customer journey.
And prior to the event, we want to help you get to know a little bit about our speaker(s). So keep reading to learn about one of our speakers coming on at the end of the month, Alex Andrews of Ovative/group.
1. How did you first hear about MnSearch?
I was first introduced to MNSearch when I first joined Ovative/group, and was amazed that such a cohesive group of marketing professionals existed in Minneapolis!
2. What can attendees expect to take away from your session?
I hope that attendees will walk away with a set of pragmatic and incremental steps to improve their visibility into who their customer is and the touchpoints they had with the brand, both on and offline.
3. What is the biggest mistake that you still see organizations making within your area of expertise?
The disconnect between digital touchpoints and in store sales is still far too great for most companies; understanding how an individual shops between those two channels can bring huge change.
4. What one piece of career advice do you wish someone had given you when you started your career?
It’s OK to not know what you want to do when you grow up.
5. Besides digital marketing, what is one topic of discussion that you could talk about for hours on end?
6. What is the best part about working at your employer?
Nowhere else have I seen competitiveness and comradery go so hand-in-hand. The ping-pong table and the kegerator are pretty perfect embodiments of these two facets at Ovative/group.
7. Where is your favorite spot to grab drinks in the twin cities and why?
Monte Carlo; Super old-school vibe with some of the most knowledgeable bartenders around (note: knowledgeable, not trendy).