Apply for the Board of Directors
Thank you for your interest in joining the MnSearch Board of Directors!
We’re a wily bunch that likes to have fun, but we sure do get things done, doncha know! We also know it takes a special kind of person to be willing to dive into the deep end and help make everything that is MnSearch happen on an ongoing basis. We’re super stoked you’re considering joining us in our mission and daily efforts.
Before you apply, we’d like to make some basic details and expectations clear at the outset. If all this sounds good to you, please fill out the form provided here and we’ll be back with you shortly about the next steps.
- You must be a MnSearch Local Member to join the Board of Directors. You must keep your membership active while serving on the board. (Not a member, yet? Join now!)
- You must be willing to commit to the organization’s Code of Ethics and diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB) efforts.
- This is a working board. You’re expected to lead your area of responsibility and be proactive in moving projects and tasks forward. You’re also expected to pitch in within other areas when needs arise (e.g., Summit planning, supporting your fellow board members).
- Time commitment varies each month. At a minimum, you should expect 5 hours of meetings each month and 1 hour of working time each week (approx. 8-10 hours). (Note: Time commitment increases in the months leading up to our annual conference, the MnSearch Summit, which takes place every June.)
- You’re expected to regularly attend board meetings and events. Monthly board meetings generally occur on the 2nd Wednesday of each month in the evening. Monthly marquee events generally occur on the 4th Wednesday of each month in the evening.
- You’re expected to engage frequently (multiple times a week) with the board via Slack and check and respond to your MnSearch email account every other day at a minimum.
Board terms are 2 years in length. You may seek reelection up to 2 times for a total of 6 years of service.