September Event Recap: The Truth about E-A-T with Ian Lurie
Ian Lurie, Consultant at Ian Lurie LLC, shares his take on modern day E-A-T and how it can guide SEO
MnSearch hosted Ian Lurie for our September event to discuss E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness). EAT shouldn’t be unique in SEO—it should be table stakes. See top takeaways from Ian’s presentation and the full webinar below.
Key takeaways of Ian’s presentation on E-A-T included:
- We’re all really focused on EAT in the rater guidelines, but there are a lot of other guidelines we need to be looking at.
- Never make EAT an optimization strategy.
- What to say about E-A-T to clients and bosses: It is one of many different things we look at. It’s not part of the algorithm, but it can provide us with a good hint.
- The Quality Rater Guidelines is a goldmine of content for search criteria and examples.
- Avoid at all cost “written by admin” or “written by staff”
Special thanks to our virtual sponsor, Rocket55, for putting together this amazing event recap!