We had the opportunity to interview several experts who are speaking at MnSearch Summit to help you learn and develop stronger bonds with these industry leaders. Keep reading and be sure to attend Adria’s session on Friday June 27th at the MnSearch Summit!
Bio: Adria Saracino is the Head of Content Strategy at Distilled. As the content strategist she responsible for understanding consumer behavior and developing strategies that influence purchasing decisions for a variety of clients. Follow her on Twitter.
1. What are you most excited for the MnSearch Summit in the Twin Cities this summer?
I’m honored to be speaking alongside some of the best minds in the search industry. I love having the opportunity to share knowledge with them and see the similarities and difference in how we think about marketing.
2. What actionable tips could attendees expect to walk away with after your session?
Do you know how to convince consumers to buy your products or services? What if I told you that you don’t need to be a smooth talker or sales guru, but that you can use content to alter how consumers experience your brand and, in turn, influence their purchasing decisions?
My session will take attendees through the customer journey and map out what emotions motivate their behaviors during each stage. Attendees can walk away expecting to know the following:
– The types of products/services that trigger different types of emotions
– What influences customers to “like” or share a piece of content
– What influences bloggers & publishers to cover a piece of content
– What encourages retention and brand advocacy
– How to identify the emotional journey of your specific customers
3. What piece of career advice could you give to someone new to the search marketing field?
Don’t stop with “search”. Get as much broad experience in digital marketing as you possibly can so that you can understand how search fits into the broader online marketing landscape. Study social media (and theories on how it affects search). Sit with your designers and creatives to understand how they see the world. Understand how paid and earned promotion can be used in tandem to impact the bottom line. Study your customers obsessively. Talk to them; monitor their behavior with social listening tools. Do everything you can to map out their wants and needs during each stage of purchase, because that’s how you’ll truly win in marketing.
And if you can, take some journalism classes. I truly believe journalism offers some of the most valuable skills a marketer can ever hope to learn.
4. What have you always loved/wondered about the State of Minnesota?
I absolutely love the food in Minneapolis. It’s an unexpected pocket in America that has this thriving culinary scene that no one really knows about. So every time in town you can expect that I’m stuffing my face at one of the local haunts I read about in some foodie magazine.
Don’t Miss Adria’s Presentation!
Join us on June 27th for the first annual MnSearch Summit to see Adria and many others share their marketing knowledge!