“93% of marketers use Facebook advertising regularly, which translates to about 3 million businesses that use Facebook to market their business.”
If you’re not advertising on Facebook, you’re missing out. With endless ways to target and reach your potential customer, it is hard to figure out where to start and getting it right could result in some of the best ROI considering all forms of advertising.
Please join us on Wednesday, February 28th for the first marquee event of the year “Digital Falconry: Mastering Facebook Targeting and Creative” where Dan Morrison from Aimclear will teach you how to effectively target your users and develop high converting creative to get the most bang for your buck.
In the meantime, get to know a little bit about our career expert.
1. How did you first hear about MnSearch?
I joined Aimclear in March 2015 and heard about MnSearch from my colleagues. While I wasn’t familiar with the conference before living in Minnesota, many world renowned speakers have presented at MN Search events, and I fell in love with the search community.
2. What can attendees expect to take away from your session at the end of February?
The goal of my session is to focus on using various data sources to target potential customers on Facebook and how to create relevant ads.
3. What is the biggest mistake that you still see individuals making when they build audiences for social media?
Put simply, getting too broad, or too narrow, with your audiences can bring any successful campaign to an end. Learning to balance your objectives with your bidding approach and the size of your audience will make or break the performance of your campaign.
4. What one piece of social media targeting advice, do you wish someone had given you when you started your career?
Existing customer data is the best place to start. Use your highest valued customers to build your initial lookalike audiences. Also, don’t be afraid to go too broad with audiences. Put measures in place to safeguard your investment. Broader audiences tend to garner more efficient results (at least on front end metrics).
5. Besides social media targeting, what is one topic of discussion that you could talk about for hours on end?
Parenting wins and fails, social justice, and outdoor life.
6. What is the best part about working at Aimclear?
The best part about working at Aimclear is the team. Our team is creative and driven by passion to be the best marketers in the world. In addition, Aimclear invests in each employee to develop their personal brand. It’s great for employees and great for Aimclear.
7. What is the one thing every tourist misses when they go to Duluth?
If you’re in Duluth, there’s a good chance you’ll want to spend time outdoors. My favorite place for in city hiking is Chester Park. If you want to go to a place few folks frequently visit, then head to the far end of park point. Park at the end of the lot. Take the path behind the airport. Keep going until you can go no further.
8. Where can we connect with you online?