With the summer now past us. September is a time for us all to once again begin thinking about our path forward; both in season and in our careers. Because even as the air begins to cool, we all want our career trajectory to be doing the opposite.
To help ensure that happens, our event this month is focused on helping you get answers to your questions and find out how you can continue to steer your career in the right direction with the help of a small panel of experts.
So please join us on Wednesday, September 27th for an evening of career optimization.
And prior to the event, we want to help you get to know a little bit about our career experts. So keep reading to learn about one of our speakers coming on at the end of the month, Katie Larson of Celarity.
1. How did you first hear about MnSearch?
We were one of the first sponsors working with Dustin Thompson, a founding member. One of Celarity’s core beliefs is supporting the local professional organizations to help elevate the talent in Minnesota.
2. What can attendees expect to take away from your session at the end of September?
I will break down what is going on in the market right now within the digital marketing field. I hope to be able to answer your career and professional development questions in a Q&A set up.
3. What is the biggest mistake that you still see individuals making in driving their career growth?
Sometimes individuals don’t reflect enough about what they are passionate about or invest timing in planning their career and developing themselves. I’ve seen them jump from job to job without a clear direction.
4. What one piece of career advice, do you wish someone had given you when you started your career?
I wish they would have told me to take more risks and to not be afraid to leave my comfort zone.
5. Besides career development, what is one topic of discussion that you could talk about for hours on end?
My two daughters – Clara (4) and Audrey (2)…they have completely opposite personalities, and some of the things they say are pretty fascinating and hilarious.
6. What is the best part about working at Celarity?
The people! The team at Celarity is fun and collaborative. We celebrate everything from birthdays to professional achievements. The past two years we have even been recognized by the Minnesota Business Magazine (100 Best Companies To Work For 2016 and 2017), by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal (Best Places to Work 2017), and a Family Business Awards Finalist (2017).
7. Where can we connect with you online?