With summer now in our rear view mirror. September is a time for us all to once again begin thinking about moving forward; both in season and in our careers. Because even as the temperature outside begins to cool down, we all want our career trajectory to be doing the opposite.
To help ensure that happens, our event this month is focused on helping you get answers to your questions and find out how you can continue to steer your career in the right direction with the help of a small panel of experts.
So please join us on Wednesday, September 27th for an evening of career optimization.
And prior to the event, we want to help you get to know a little bit about our career experts. So keep reading to learn about one of our speakers coming on at the end of the month, Erin Aberg of the Ovative/group.
1. How did you first hear about MnSearch?
I learned about MnSearch through our amazing SEO team here at Ovative!
2. What can attendees expect to take away from your session at the end of September?
Insight into Ovative’s development philosophy & framework
Tangible examples of our development offerings, which align to topics most professionals should be thinking about
3. What is the biggest mistake that you still see individuals making in driving their career growth?
People can get hung up on titles – I’ve seen people change teams so they can get promoted, leave companies for a promotion, or even hold out at a company waiting on a promotion. Career moves should be made based on the experience you want to gain, not the title associated with it. Consider your long-term goals and make a move (or don’t) that gives you the experience necessary to get you prepared for that goal. Promotions & titles mean different things at different places, so it’s more important to know and build your expertise.
4. What one piece of career advice, do you wish someone had given you when you started your career?
Don’t get hung up on having the right answer. It’s often more important to ask the right question.
5. Besides career development, what is one topic of discussion that you could talk about for hours on end?
Life as a working mom – the good, the bad and the very ugly.
6. What is the best part about working at Ovative/group?
The people and the culture. We balance offering people opportunities to learn and grow while supporting them with world-class experts who can help them along the way. There’s an amazing mojo created when you feel empowered to push the limits every day while having genuine supporters backing you.
7. Where is your favorite spot to grab drinks in the Twin Cities?
Marvel Bar – (no, I’m not that trendy, I just really like their Oliveto)