This month’s MnSearch event will be held on non-typical night this month due to the Thanksgiving holiday. So please join us on Wednesday, November 16th for an evening of learning about advanced search tactics focusing on adaptive forecasting and demand activation!
And prior to the event, we want to help you get to know a little bit about our speaker(s). So keep reading to learn about one of our speakers for our next event coming up the 16th, Derrick Turner of Augurian.
1. How did you first hear about MnSearch?
I joined a company with an active membership in 2013 and I’ve attended MNsearch ever since.
2. What can attendees expect to take away from your session on the 16th?
This session will teach you how to create performance forecasts decision makers will love, even when you don’t know your exact media budget or goal.
3. What is the biggest mistake that you still see organizations making in paid search?
Not making/taking enough time to educate key stakeholders about digital. Trust is key and I believe fostering transparency will help the entire industry.
4. What one piece of career advice do you wish someone had given you when you started your career?
Focus on increasing your value as an employee each year. Own your career development. Do your best to empower organizations to help you and your teammates grow. Many organizations will not understand what you do well enough to let you thrive without help.
5. Besides paid search, what is one topic of discussion that you could talk about for hours on end?
I really enjoy collecting rocks and being in nature. I have small collections on my desk and at home. If I didn’t love digital marketing as much as I do, I would have been a geologist.
6. What is the best part about working at Augarian?
The culture & flexibility are amazing. I enjoy coming into work each and every day and I’m learning new things all the time. It’s important to me that I’m making myself a more valuable employee each year, and Augurian makes that easy.
7. Where is your favorite spot to grab drinks in the Twin Cities?
I’m a fan of Liquor Lyle’s around 5 o’clock. The happy hour is as good as it gets in Uptown and the dartboards are always open.
8. Where can we connect with you online?