This month’s MnSearch event will be held on non-typical night this month due to the Thanksgiving holiday. So please join us on Wednesday, November 16th for an evening of learning about advanced search tactics focusing on adaptive forecasting and demand activation!
And prior to the event, we want to help you get to know a little bit about our speaker(s). So keep reading to learn about one of our speakers coming on at the end of the month, Chris Peterson of Parqa, a fifteen-year digital marketing veteran.
1. How did you first hear about MnSearch?
I first learned about MnSearch years ago as it was first getting started but I can’t remember exactly how I came upon it.
2. What can attendees expect to take away from your session on the 16th?
Learning how to take lead acquisition combined with targeting and automation through the sales funnel to put together a digital plan to acquire and nurture leads into new business. SEO, paid search, content creation, persona development, lead acquisition and marketing automation to form a well-rounded digital marketing strategy.
3. What is the biggest mistake that you still see organizations making in digital marketing?
Being too tactical. I find a lot of organizations that want to piece together digital marketing tactics without paying attention to how they all work together and why to achieve the end business goal.
4. What one piece of career advice do you wish someone had given you when you started your career?
To save some money for when Google went public….I begged my parents to buy as much stock as they could but they never did, this was the week it went public at $75 then $100 per share.
5. Besides digital marketing, what is one topic of discussion that you could talk about for hours on end?
Other than marketing, I could talk about fishing all day. It’s a passion of mine and something that I spend doing as much as possible when not working. Fishing has so many analogies to marketing, right fish, right bait…big fish big bait. I’ll probably throw some out in this presentation.
6. What is the best part about working at Parqa?
Smart people who are always growing and learning to bring new things to the table.
7. Where is your favorite spot to grab drinks in the Twin Cities?
Red Cow….good beers and great burgers.
8. Where can we connect with you online?