Join MnSearch as Our Next Programming Co-Director
You’re a search marketing or digital marketing nerd in Minnesota who seeks to dedicate your special skills, experience, and passion to help further the mission and efforts of a leading professional organization.
More specifically, you’re someone who’s tapped into the search and digital marketing community. You’re passionate about putting on strong learning and networking events where all communities are welcome. You’re also a great team player and an excellent communicator who’s ready to dive in and help grow MnSearch’s reputation in-state and across the country.
Sound like you? Then we hope you’ll consider joining MnSearch as our newest board member!
Minnesota Search Engine Marketing Association (MnSearch) is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization that aims to raise the standards and awareness of search and digital marketing. Founded by search marketing geeks, MnSearch serves professionals at all levels of the industry.
The MnSearch Mission
- Seek knowledge. Educate search and digital marketing professionals and businesses about how to plan, execute, and measure effective and diverse online marketing strategies and tactics.
- Gain insight. Share the latest search and digital marketing trends and insights to help our community stay current in our constantly evolving and innovating industry, as well as elevate diverse voices and viewpoints to increase inclusion and expand equity.
- Stay connected. Connect with other professionals and businesses in the industry to exchange ideas, collaborate on projects, learn about career opportunities and play a part in creating a welcoming community where all belong.
Through all of this, MnSearch is committed to creating a welcoming community that supports diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging for everyone involved.
Duties of the Programming Co-Director
- Refine and optimize ongoing monthly programming strategy
- Identify and book local and national industry talent for monthly events
- Work with the Events Director to ensure smooth overall operations of events
- Understand the educational needs of MnSearch by staying current on the industry’s top trends and news stories
- Communicate with board members to publish event details on MnSearch.org and EventBrite monthly
- Collaborate with the Marketing, PR & Social Media Director to execute the marketing strategy
- Support Event and Marketing Directors with Programming and Marketing needs for the annual MnSearch Summit
- Recruit and manage volunteers to help execute the programming strategy, as needed
- Provide the MnSearch board with monthly status updates
- Support the board of directors in overall MnSearch objectives
Qualifications for the Programming Co-Director
MnSearch seeks individuals for its Board of Directors who embody the following attributes:
- Enthusiastic endorsement of/passion for MnSearch’s purpose and mission
- Strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including knowledge of/experience with intercultural communication
- Willingness to listen actively, learn continuously, think critically, and participate fully in conversations with other board members and our broader community
- Interest in or experience working in the digital marketing industry
- Desire to strengthen the digital marketing industry through initiatives that support diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
Additional preferred qualifications (one or more of the following)
- Experience in event planning
- Access to a large marketing industry network
- Experience serving on a board of directors
- Experience leading or participating in significant organizational change
- At least two year’s experience working in search marketing/paid advertising/social media/content marketing/digital marketing
Why You Should Join MnSearch’s Board of Directors
As part of our Board of Directors, you’ll help implement the strategies and tactics we create for our membership and our broader community. And you’ll receive committed support from the MnSearch board and its advisory committee throughout your term.
You’ll also receive as much as you give. For example, as a member of the Board of Directors, you will:
- Expand your network by building meaningful relationships with board members, advisory committee members, speakers, sponsors, members and others in our community
- Learn the inner workings of a leading nonprofit organization
- Access trainings on leadership, diversity and inclusion, event planning and more
- Further develop your marketing and strategic planning skills
- Help shape the future of Minnesota’s search and digital marketing landscape
- Fulfill MnSearch’s mission and purpose
- Follow MnSearch’s bylaws, policies and board resolutions
- Sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure
- Participate in strategic and organizational planning
- Be a good fiduciary steward of MnSearch, including approving an annual budget and maintaining the organization’s financial health
- Commit to continual growth and self-reflection to expand personal development around a more diverse mindset and commitment to equality
- Perform your role’s specific duties to the best of your abilities
- Assist your fellow board members as needed
- Serve as an ambassador for MnSearch
- Abide by the MnSearch Code of Ethics when acting on behalf of MnSearch
- Prepare for, attend and actively participate in monthly board meetings (generally held on the second Wednesday of each month from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm)
- Promote and attend monthly events, which may include networking hours, educational events and training sessions (generally held on the fourth Wednesday of each month from 6 to 8 pm)
- Be willing to give 10 hours of your time each month, sometimes less or more depending on your role and the time of year (e.g., MnSearch Summit)
- You agree to serve a 2-year term.
- You may renew your term for additional 2-year terms, subject to the board’s approval.
Ready to Apply?
Great! Applications are currently being accepted until this position is filled. To apply, please fill out the application on our website.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com