- This event has passed.
Marquee: Extending the Value of SEO & SEM – Your Strategic Opportunity
March 30, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Search marketers (whether in paid or organic) are in a unique position to extend their value far beyond their specific job descriptions. Given that search at its fundamental core is an intent based activity, those who excel at their craft really need to understand the customer’s mindset as well as actions. A search marketer who has a strong grasp of this can (and should) add significant value to other parts of the organization that heavily influence the direction of the company. This includes the Board/C-level, Marcomm/PR, Product Management, Sales, Support, Design, and even Finance. These principles apply for both the agency and the in-house side of search marketing. Attendees will walk away with specific insights they can take back and apply to their everyday work, including:
· How to report meaningful numbers in the language that the other stakeholders understand. Templates and case studies will be shown.
· Specific examples of how insights from search activity can (and have) influenced (and helped) other areas of organizations that you may not have thought about
· What do the other departments in an organization care about and how do you “make it about them” in order to gain their support?
· When and why you as a search marketer should have a seat at the table for important business decisions (and how to get invited so you don’t have to beg)
· Tools and tactical methods that that have proven to work.
· How this approach will help you grow from being a great search marketer to a highly visible and indispensable resource for the organization(s) you serve
Our March Marquee speaker is Adam Proehl. Adam is a seasoned online marketing executive who has a passion for helping clients use online channels to grow their business. As a practical marketer, his ability to get at the heart of the core business issues, establish measurable goals, and map the appropriate online tactics to further those objectives has served his clients well. Having been in Internet Marketing since 1998, Adam has worked with startups to Fortune 500 clients. He has spoken previously at PubCon, MDMA, SEMPO, and OMS. He is also an instructor at the Online Marketing institute and is currently Managing Partner of NordicClick Interactive, based in Minneapolis.