This month’s MnSearch event will be held on non-typical night this month due to the Thanksgiving holiday. So please join us on Wednesday, November 16th for an evening of learning about advanced search tactics focusing on adaptive forecasting and demand activation!
And prior to the event, we want to help you get to know a little bit about our speaker(s). So keep reading to learn about one of our speakers coming on at the end of the month, Nick Noble of Parqa.
1. How did you first hear about MnSearch?
I first learned about MnSearch as an intern at a local advertising agency. I started attending events back in 2012 when they were held above what is now the Day Block Brewing Company.
2. What can attendees expect to take away from your session on the 16th?
I like attending MnSearch events because I find they give me a fresh perspective on current marketing trends and leave me with new ideas that I am motivated to bring to my clients. I hope to do the same for others with my presentation about demand activation.
3. What is the biggest mistake that you still see organizations making in digital marketing?
A lack of proper execution. Often times I find that even when organizations have an understanding of what the need to do and the best practices on how to do it, they lack in the execution.
4. What one piece of career advice do you wish someone had given you when you started your career?
Always be learning. One piece of advice that I found extremely helpful in my career is be a swiss army knife. Be dangerous at everything, but have one big [explicative] machete that you’re an expert at.
5. Besides SEO/Inbound, what is one topic of discussion that you could talk about for hours on end?
I love marketing in general. I could go on all day about my favorite commercials or YouTube video ads. I’m excited for the day (if it isn’t already here) when we no longer talk about digital, online, offline, traditional, or inbound marketing and start talking about marketing as a whole.
6. What is the best part about working at Parqa?
Fun environment, great employees, and flexible work schedule. I really enjoy what I do and the people I work with.
7. Where is your favorite spot to grab drinks in the Twin Cities?
Marvel Bar – “Libations are through the purple door”