- This event has passed.
MnSearch and MWMC Present: A Search Marketing Workshop
February 24, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
At this event, you’ll be sure to see some new faces… That’s because we’re partnering withMinnesota Women in Marketing & Communications for a hands-on, workshop-style event centered around tactical SEO & PPC initatives as they relate to content creation and execution.
If content creation or optimization is a part of your day-to-day job, this event is for you. You’ll walk away from this event with a deeper understanding of SEO & PPC’s role in content creation, helpful tips, tools, and templates to make your life easier, and gobs of inspiration to make Thursday, February 25th your most productive day at work ever.
The evening’s presentations will include:
Focus area: Data-Driven Content Ideation
Content. It’s important. Essential. Needed. Especially to marketers like us. We’re given a budget, goals and the challenge to use this budget to meet those goals. The budget is not enough. It almost never is. We can’t waste it on lousy content, Memes and Cats gifs. No, not even if they are gifs of cats fighting with lightsabers, much to my dismay. The problem we face is that content is an investment that needs to be made intelligently. Careful research and strategic planning can make or break our content portfolio. Join us as we take a look at how web analytics, search tools and keyword research can help us plan and execute, new and ongoing content initiatives for any industry.
- Tips and tools for researching your market, your audience, and your competitors
- How to identify and refine keyword themes relevant to your audience
- Quantifying traffic opportunities to help determine focus areas
- Determining a shortlist of data-backed content opportunities
Focus area: Personalization
Level: Intermediate to Advanced
If you’re like us, personalization may be a topic you keep hearing about but isn’t a core component of your digital marketing toolbox. For Donna Arriaga, hyper-personalization is one of her main tools – and in this session, you’ll learn how to (among many other things):
- leverage CRM and marketing automation to serve up targeted CTAs in email and on websites
- drive post-conversion engagement via personalized thank you page/autoresponder content
- trigger relevant workflows/drip campaigns based on page visits and lifecycle stage