We had the opportunity to interview several of our highly anticipated speakers for the 2017 MnSearch Summit. Keep reading to learn more about Cyrus’ career advice, his interest in self-driving cars and his favorite gif!
If you haven’t already, register today to see Jeff speak on June 23rd at the Summit!
1. What are you most excited about for the MnSearch Summit?
My session, of course! Actually, I’m very excited about the lineup of speakers. I’ve made friends in the past at the MnSearch Summit and am looking forward to making new ones. Also, let’s be honest, I’m also excited about my session. I’ve been gathering notes and data for months. It will be fantastic to speak about the state of SEO in 2017.
2. What career advice could you offer for fellow digital marketers?
If there is a shortcut to advancing your career, it is this: teach others how to succeed at doing what you do. This could mean blogging, speaking, in-house training programs, or something similar. The education is wanted by those seeking it, and the visibility it provides helps to establish you as an authority in your field.
3. What advancement in technology are you most excited about in the near future?
Self-driving cars. Not only am I a terrible driver, you should see how bad everyone else is.
4. Besides digital marketing, what is one topic of discussion that you could talk about for hours on end?
Sadly, the answer is gut health. I say sadly because I spent the last half of 2016 incapacitated and unable to work or travel due to gut health. That said, what I learned along the way was fascinating and I could speak for hours about it. I’ll be briefly touching on this in my MnSearch Summit presentation, by the way.
5. What is one mistake that you still see marketers making in 2017?
- Emphasizing features over benefits
- Not rigorously A/B testing their marketing channels
- Publishing boring content (I’m guilty of this too)
6. Which digital marketing tool, could you not live without?
Again, I have to name 3, although sorry to say they are rather pedestrian instead of provocative: Twitter, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console.
7. At happy hour, what is your go-to drink?
Vodka and water with a squeeze of lime (clear alcohol with no mixers does the least harm to the gut).