We had the opportunity to interview several of our highly anticipated speakers for this year’s MnSearch Summit. Keep reading to learn more about Oli, his alternate life as a photographer and his all-time favorite gif!
1. What are you most excited about for the 2016 MnSearch Summit?
I was at MnSearch in 2014 which was only my 4th ever speaking gig, so I’m super excited to bring all of the new conversion learning and the latest data mined from the Unbounce landing page database to help the attendees lift their conversion rates for 2016.
2. What one piece of career advice would you offer for digital marketers?
Learn how to write. If you can write you can communicate. If you can communicate you can sell. It’s also the first step in becoming a thought leader in your space, and ultimately to being able to publish things like ebooks/books, be an awesome webinar guest and have insights that need to be heard via public speaking. It’s how I got where I am today as a marketer.
3. What advancement in technology are you most excited about in the near future?
Longer battery life in an iPhone. Wait, no, that’s never going to happen.
4. Besides digital marketing, what is one topic of discussion that you could talk about for hours on end?
Photography. I’m a wildlife and landscape photographer, and I do some pretty epic solo photo trips like the time I spent 30 days in the desert by myself. http://oligardner.com
5. What is one mistake that you still see marketers making in 2016?
Well, it’s only a few months into 2016 at the time of writing, so I imagine it’s promising to join a gym, and then not doing it. But I can fairly easily predict that marketers in 2016 will continue to have too many distractions on their landing pages, and not enough focus. If I have to explain Attention Ratio one more time, I’m going to lose my sh!t 🙂 We’ll see if it makes an appearance at MnSearch.
6. What one digital marketing tool could you not live without?
Unbounce. And that’s not even because it’s my company. We live in the tool every day, and couldn’t function as we do as a marketing department without the freedom and autonomy it provides.
7. Bonus: What is your all-time favorite gif?
This guy by far! http://i.imgur.com/WPGftnd.gif
Register to Attend the MnSearch Summit
Remember to purchase your ticket for the 2016 MnSearch Summit coming up fast on June 24th!